SANIMED (Atopy)/Skin/Sensitive Dogs
SANIMED Atopy/Sensitive is a complete dietetic food for dogs from 14 weeks onwards designed to reduce food allergy and to promote skin function in case of allergic dermatitis.
Indications for use
- Allergy and intolerance of food components (hydrolyzed protein)
- Atopy (allergic dermatitis)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract caused by mild (wet) food
SANIMED Atopy/Sensitive will soon be available under the new productname SANIMED Skin/Sensitive.
Environmental allergy (atopy) and flea allergy are the most common skin conditions in dogs. Also food allergies, infections and hormonal disorders can be a cause of skin issues.
- Helps reduce atopy, allergies to small insects and hypersensitivity to food
- Calms the inflammation, redness of the skin and itching due to the content of fish oil (5%) and borage oil (0.5%)
- Reduces allergic reactions to food due to the content of hydrolyzed animals (fish) proteins
- Suitable for use from 14 weeks
Atopy and hypersensitivity to food often develop simultaneously and have similar clinical symptoms. The use of sources of hydrolyzed proteins significantly reduces the risk of allergic reactions. Treatment of atopic dermatitis is aimed at suppressing the chronic inflammatory skin reaction. Eicosanoids, formed from digomo-gamma-linolenic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid, have anti-inflammatory properties.
Hydrolysed proteins are proteins that are cut up into small fragments. By cutting up the proteins, these lose their allergenic properties and will therefore not be recognised by the dog’s immune system. SANIMED Atopy/Sensitive dry food contains hydrolysed fish protein as the only source of animal protein.
SANIMED Atopy/Sensitive dry and wet foods are fully interchangeable and can also be combined very well; see below nutrition plans for more information
The nutrition plan below is an indication of the amount of food to be given. Nutrition plans are based on averages. For this reason always pay close attention to condition your dog and adapt the amount of food accordingly.
Make sure that the dog has access to clean drinking water